9 Health Benefits of Cannabis
9 Health Benefits of Cannabis
The usage of Marijuana (popularly known as cannabis) for health purposes predates around 10,000 years ago in Asia when Asian physicians discovered the useful properties of cannabis for neurological problems and other health issues. Cannabis was regarded as one of that sacred plant herb that provided relief for a variety of diseases of body and mind. With the passage of time and rising popularity of allopathic mode of medical treatment, healing the body through plant herbs took a back seat. Also with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banning usage of marijuana for any medical condition led to widespread belief that marijuana is not safe for treating an ailment.
However, in the last decade, many scientific studies have backed the healing and therapeutic properties of cannabis. This compelled Federal governments across the globe to legalize research on medical marijuana and eventually permitted medical marijuana use for conditions including cancer, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, etc. The latest legalization of medical cannabis was upheld by the Oklahoma State of United States on June 26, 2018. With the legalization of medical marijuana, CBD oil has become especially popular. Weed can also be bought online. Growing cannabis and extracting special strains of cannabis to prepare CBD oil is gaining worldwide acceptance. Following are the 9 health benefits of Cannabis:
1. De-accelerates growth of cancer cells Studies have indicated that the cannabinoids in marijuana prevent cancer cells from spreading, and they contribute to cancer cell death because they attack some receptors that modulate the growth of cancer cells.
2. Relieves pain Marijuana's anti-inflammatory pain relief has shown to be effective in treating a host of illnesses and conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and migraines. The cannabinoids present in cannabis impacts the receptors in the brain which help ease chronic pain or pain caused by an inflammation in the body. With the growing need of cannabis, many medical marijuana dispensaries have come up to meet the demands of the patients.
3. Treats depression and anxiety Although depression and anxiety are clinically different mental illness, the cannabinoids in cannabis can help resolve imbalances in the brain’s neurotransmitter system arising from depression and anxiety. The cannabinoids match the endocannabinoids to regulate the flow of electrical signals in the brain and enhance production of dopamine and serotonin that in the brain which helps beat symptoms of depression and anxiety.
4. Prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease While Alzheimer and Parkinson’s diseases currently have no cure, researches suggest cannabis and cannabinoids might aid in its treatment and prevention. In Alzheimer’s and Parkinson disease the activity of the endocannabinoid system declines in the body which impacts the cognitive abilities of the brain leading to memory loss, disorientation etc. While the underlying causes of Alzheimer’s disease aren’t fully understood by medical experts, studies have also suggested that cannabis can aid in reversing certain symptoms of such diseases, such as high amyloid-beta levels, plaque build-up, excite-toxicity, mitochondrial dysfunction, and neuroinflammation.
5. Helps in lowering sugar levels Although marijuana has a well-deserved reputation for increasing appetite, according to a research conducted at Harvard University, users of marijuana seem to have better carbohydrate metabolism than nonusers of marijuana. The study suggested that cannabis users showed lower fasting insulin levels than those people who never consumed marijuana. It also observes that cannabis users are less likely to be obese and have lower body-mass-index measurements and therefore have a lower risk for developing diabetes.
6. Thwarts HIV virus from spreading There is an urgent need of HIV patients that a new and effective treatment plan is formulated to treat Aids. Researchers have suggested that cannabis helps with HIV-related neuro- pain, inflammation and contains the spread of the HIV virus itself. Post-legalization, CBD oil has become popular in many countries and states. CBD oil in Florida is legal and available at many dispensaries.
7. Helps to alleviate pain in multiple sclerosis Another health benefit of cannabinoids present in cannabis includes the ease of pain symptoms from multiple sclerosis. The THC component in the cannabis connects to the receptors in the nerves and muscles in order to alleviate pain. It is also found that cannabinoids in cannabis help to control muscle spasms.
8. Prevents glaucoma and blindness Glaucoma is a medical condition that increases the pressure inside the eyeball that may result in blindness. Some studies have linked usage of cannabis to the reduction in glaucoma and the prevention of macular degeneration to avoid vision loss.
9. Prevents epileptic seizures The effect of cannabis, especially the cannabinoids and THC, help to control seizures by attaching to the brain cells and neuroreceptors that are responsible for regulating relaxation and controlling any sudden tension, stress or excitement. While a few countries have already legalised medical cannabis, several others are far from even realising its miraculous benefits. These countries may even permit private marijuana cultivation and information on how to grow weed can be obtained easily. However, it is believed and predicted that in the future to come, cannabis will change the face of the medical world.
R3 Wholesale is a popular brand of glass water pipe in India since 2014, our organization focuses on smoking items and adornments explore since 2014, we have manufacturing plants to blow glass items, professional R&D department to refresh new styles each month. Our items deals business to clients everywhere throughout the world
Cannacucine is a one-stop website for all the Cannabis recipes shared by different people from all around the world. Everyone can easily post their unique recipes on this website.It’s like building a strong community of all kind of cooks and food lovers to give something back. With the continuous effort, we have tried our best to make this website a heaven for everybody who loves cannabis food. Enjoy the recipes and remember that sharing is caring!
Introducing Chong's Choice CBD Gummies Bundle featuring the super popular Chong's Choice Gummy Bears and Watermelon Slices! The signature Chong's Choice CBD Gummies are an extremely popular way to enjoy high quality CBD and now they are being offered at an incredible discount sale price. Save up to $35 and enjoy both Chong's Choice CBD Gummy Bears and Watermelon Slices at only $64.99 (bundle value: $100)!